Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Me, ridiculous

Picture this scene:

A bus journey within the city at times approaching peak hour. The bus is fairly full given that time of the day. I am part of the passengers on that bus. I do not have my music player with me and so the only thing other than falling asleep is to look around. Within the bus and outside.

Now that I have "painted" that picture: I, being the judgemental (this I'm very confident of) and cynical (people who have not spent a great deal of time with me will also agree), happen to observe what the other passengers do when they travel. As do everyone, you'll say! I agree.

But I find that there are more things that disturb me (well, make my face cringe would be a better way to put it, but alas) than those that are appreciable. Now of course, there are those who will say that I make it my job to find fault and pass comments and I must say, they do so with good reason. The point is that I make up jokes in my head, at the cost of the remaining population - it goes without saying.

Sometimes I feel that it's such a waste of time. This may the only part you agree with. Here's why: What's the point of me coming up with such "smart" things if the only one that can appreciate it or say "yeah right, what were you thinking you idiot?" is me?

Why do I not use this time to do some reflection:

Mainly because then I would just be refreshing all the lacunae in me. Well, I already know about them and have decided that these are what make me ME!!

Why do I not read:

In a bus on the local route?? At peak hour?? I don't board an empty bus at the starting point you know!!

And so on an so forth... There are always excuses. Even if I did do any of these things or anything else productive, it would still be me thinking up ridiculous things in my head!!

I just hope that growing up does not mean leaving behind ALL of the immaturity. Cos if that is what it means, it also means that I am not capable of growing up!

Adios, dreams of everyone who want me to grow up. You shall remain dreams indeed.

No comments: