Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sweet Pain

How many things can happen in a rather uneventful day? Many, apparently! Most of the things that go unnoticed by people, but only felt by you because, well, it's happening to you ain't it?

The day started on a positive note. A friend of mine was getting engaged in the morning. Yes, that's right, in the morning. I also thought it was strange, but it seems that all their functions happen in the day. Well I got there ahead of stipulated time and met another friend. By the time we went to the venue thinking there wouldn't be many people, there was quite a noisy humming that you generally hear from a crowd. Turns out the program had not yet started.

After a bit of the usual leg pulling of the bride-to-be, we were forced to have breakfast again by her dad. That pretty much served as punishment alright!! It ended up in us finding and introducing ourselves to the groom-to-be and passing on statutory warnings for the future and leaving even before the ceremony started. (We have to go to work before lunch, at least!!). So we went to the engagement and did not attend the ceremony.

The day at office was pretty much as usual without the bosses in office. Not that it mattered. Spent my time reading something I wanted to catch up on for a while now. Fairly enlightening I must say. It just so happened to be the wedding anniversary of a colleague and as always I ended up getting him to "share" it with the office. Cut fruits for everyone it was!!

Now here's the interesting part. I happen to have developed allergies to a few particular fruits (that I know of till now). These include banana, chickoo and guava for starters!! Oh did I forget mango? Yes, strange as it may be, that's that. So I, all well knowing, ate chickoo and banana (for whatever reason still evades me). I was good for about half an hour. Happy even, that the allergies must've been temporary. But reason be confounded, they struck!! Karma definitely be bitch, I tell you. I'm not going to put anyone on a guilt trip for a while now, not until forget this one. I'll just let Karma slack off ;).

What was better, was that it was time to leave office. In the next 15 mins, I was quite sure that there was someone reaching in and playing with my stomach like children do with wet clay when they try to shape it. That pretty much gave me a sense of what "world of pain" might mean. To add to that, the news of someone having a heart attack was not even eliciting the right response from me (politically, I mean).

Also, did not help that the direct bus I take decided not to stop at the regular bus stop and took me about an hour and half to get home, in pain. Also, the one continuous thought in my head, which I'm not able to stop or remove (don't think I'd want to cos then it'd be completely blank, but still) is causing more pain. Pain, sweet pain!!! I think I'm more aware of my environment when I'm in pain. I tend to observe more things than usual. I defer passing judgement on people and situations by a fair bit with the thought that it might be wrong when I judge in pain. I probably get it wrong anyway, but it make me think a little more than usual.

Just realised, I used to think solitude is the way for me, but now pain seems to be the new Novocaine. I'd like to, really like to, be past the "solitude is my vice" phase, but we'll see. The best part about pain (yes, strange choice of words, I agree) is that I seem to enjoy it and the post effects too. The sudden lack of pain is such a state of bliss!! This sounds similar to some popular phrase about hammer and hitting and all that, but well, you get the point.

Of course, there were other things that quite made my day tonight when I logged in (strange world it be, log in for happiness!!!). OK, that does not sound right at all, but if you get it, good. Otherwise, shut up!! Did I mention that it rained today, again. To go and have a cup of tea just after, highlight indeed.

Sometimes there are these small signals (not the tea) that are out there which reminds me that good things are coming up on the next curve. And my life is just the way I like it, a ghat section!!


1 comment:

Aparna Pai said...

2 years is a long time to be away from your blog..
Your blog has been nominated for the Liebster award. For more details, please visit : http://opentheclosedbook.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/so-i-got-award.html